Key Questions to Ask
1. What is the main purpose of this study?
2. Does the study involve a placebo or a treatment that is already on the market?
3. How will the treatment be given to me?
4. How long is the study going to last and what will I be asked to do as a participant?
5. What has been learned about the study treatment and are any study results published?
6. Do I have to pay for any part of the study? Will my insurance cover these costs?
7. Is there any reimbursement for travel costs or childcare?
8. Will I be able to see my own doctor?
9. If the treatment works for me, can I keep using it after the study?
10. Can anyone find out whether I’m participating in the clinical trial?
11. Will I receive any follow-up care after the study has ended?
12. What will happen to my medical care if I stop participating in the study?
13. Does the physician/investigator have any financial or special interest in the clinical study?
14. What are the credentials and research experience of the physician and study staff?
(Courtesy of www.CISCRP.org)