People who are taking antibiotics or treated at a health care facility have an increased chance of getting sick due to C. diff. C. diff can cause frequent diarrhea, abdominal pain, and inflammation of the colon, which, when severe can be life threatening
- 50 years old or older
- have received antibiotics any time in the past 12 weeks or
- had at least 2 visits to the emergency room, or had a hospitalization of at least 2 nights in the past 12 months or
- have a planned surgery that will require a hospital stay of 2 nights or more or
- have bee to the doctor more than 10 times in the last year or
- reside in a nursing care facility
This study will last for approximately one year and require six in-office visits. You will be monitored carefully by a team of medical professionals. All study-related medications and assessments will be provided at no cost to you.